Patent Portfolio Valuation
Determine the value of a patent portfolio for licensing, investment, sale, and M&A activities.
Expertise in Recognized Valuation Methodologies
- We generate discounted cash flow models, comparable deal analysis, damage models, and cost-basis assessments, or a combination thereof to provide a reasonable valuation range.
- In-depth market research to determine current licensing and royalty revenues for valuation purposes.
- Variable valuation models with sensitivity analysis so you can understand the effects of adjustment factors.
When is a Patent Portfolio Valuation Useful?
- To determine licensing terms or a sale price for an intangible asset transaction.
- To understand the percentage of a company’s overall valuation tied to its patent portfolio.
- To estimate a future performance of a company’s stock price and/or financials based on prior revenue generated by the company’s patent portfolio (via licensing, sales, and litigation).